August 30, 2014 - Until the end of this year the tugboat is going to be delivered to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky where it will be placed in service within the Russian Federation Pacific Fleet.
In September should be held the unique operation of loading of the tugboats “RB-407” and “RB-406” on board of a cargo vessel which will deliver them to the homeport.
The tugboats is intended for towing and berthing operations in harbor and coastal areas which comply with R2 navigation area (not more than 100 miles from place of shelter), performing of escort operations at the speed of up to 10 knots, refloating of ships and vessels, fire fighting operations at floating and shore objects, OSR operations, cargo transportation, ice breaking and rescue and special purpose operations as well.
Technical data of the project 16609
- Length, max 28,5 m
- Width, max 9,5 m
- Draft 4,3 m
- Speed ab. 12 knots
- Bollard pull 47 tones
- Class notation KM Arc4 R2 Aut1 FF3 WS Tug by Russian Maritime Register of shipping
- Propulsion complex Z-drives US 205, Rolls-Royce, FPP into nozzle
- Power 2x1500 kW at 1600 rpm, Cat 3512B
- bow anchor-towing-mooring winch Fluidmecanica providing 10 t of bollard pull and 1383 kN of brake holding force;
- 47 t towing hook SWL with quick release device;
- The tugboat is equipped with cargo crane HM 6/3 S Fluidmecanica with lifting capacity of 910 kilos at the boom of 6 m.
In order to fulfill fire-fighting operations the tugboat is equipped with external fire fighting system made by FFS (capacity is 800 m3/h, 2 water monitors, water curtains system).