|Marine Engineering Bureau|
October 12, 2015 - On October 10, 2015, acceptance/delivery certificate was signed for the multipurpose salvage vessel of Project MPSV06, Beringov Proliv (Hull No 217), the Project designer Marine Engineering Bureau says.
The ship has left for port Korsakov.
The ship is built by Nordic Yards Wismar GmbH (Wismar, Germany) to the order of Rosmorrechflot for FSI Sea Rescue Service of Rosmorrechflot. The ship’s port of registration - Korsakov.
The Project was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau. Working documentation for the vessel's construction was issued by engineering center of Nordic Yards Wismar GmbH.
Multi-purpose MPSV06 salvage ice-breaker vessel has Icebreaker 6 class and unrestricted area of navigation; she has ice-breaker stem and cruiser aft end, enlarged double-tier forecastle and living quarters located fore. There are also a diesel-electric power station with ER located in the middle part of hull, two full-circle rudder propellers and bow thrusters.
Characteristics: LOA – 87.75 m, BOA – 19.10 m, depth – 9.00 m. draught – 6.52 m, full speed – 15 knots, crew – 22 including 2 medics, special personnel – 12, endurance – 30 days. Class notation of Russian Maritime Register of Shipping - КМ (*) Icebreaker 6  AUT1-ICS OMBO FF2WS DYNPOS-2 EPP Salvage ship.
Multi-purpose MPSV06 salvage vessel should carry out operations as follows:
• patrolling and emergency salvage duty at the navigation regions, fishing regions, oil and gas marine recovery regions;
• give technical support and help in the regions dangerous for navigation and marine products catching, servicing of terminal transport operations;
• search and help operations for vessels;
• search, salvage, evacuation operations for people, rendering medical aid for people;
• taking emergency vessels off groundings and reefs, pumping out vessels' flooded spaces;
• towage of emergency vessels and objects to the place of refuge, also fulfillment marine towage of vessels and floating objects, including ice towages;
• fulfillment of marine salvage operations, including in ice conditions;
• fulfillment of ice-breaker operations in port and near-port areas, also in frozen non-arctic seas when ice thickness is less than 1.5 m;
• give assistance in fire combating on floating objects and coastal ones accessible from seaside;
• rear and technical service, including underwater diving works at the depth till 60 m;
• fire-extinguishing of burning oil on water surface, elimination of marine oil spills, including oils with flashpoint less than 60 degr. C.;
• survey and cleaning underwater hull part of vessels, floating and coastal objects;
• investigation of sea floor and damaged objects at depth of up to 3000 m.
The vessel is equipped with high speed working boat with speed of 35 kn and capacity of 24 persons for salvage party and salvage supply deliverance, for people collecting on the water surface and for water depth sounding works.
Two container placed diving complexes are foreseen:
High deep-sea (up to 1000 m) remotely operated apparatus of "Scorpio" type and side-scan sonar device are foreseen onboard the vessel.
The lead ship of Project MPSV06, Beringov Proliv (Hull No 217) was laid down at Nordic Yards Wismar on November 12, 2013 and launched on September 21, 2014.
The second ship of Project MPSV06, Beringov Proliv (Hull No 218) was laid down at Nordic Yards Wismar on November 12, 2013 and launched on September 21, 2014.