Registration is now open for SMi’s inaugural conference Offshore Patrol Vessels Technology which will take place in London on the 8th and 9th of June, SMi Group said in its press release.
Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPVs) are becoming an increasingly important resource for Navies and Coast Guards around the world. As shipbuilding technologies continue to advance the mission scope for a single OPV platform greatly increases. Policing missions such as Counter-Piracy and Counter-Terrorism operations can be supplemented now by survey and Mine Countermeasure operations simply by swapping equipment on board the ship. This is all done with a greatly reduced cost compared to mission-specific platforms or full scale warships which have greater maintenance and operations costs compared to flexible OPVs.
This must attend event will focus on the new potential for OPVs within this proliferation in combat and combat support technology capabilities. OPV 2016 will bring together leading military/industry figures to discuss how individual nations are working to enhance the capabilities of their coastal fleets as well as the prospect for future cooperation and interoperability.
For further information or to register please visit the event website www.offshorepatrol.co.uk/portnews or contact James Hitchen on +44 (0) 207 827 6054 or email@example.com
2016 SPEAKER LINE UP:
• Captain (Ret’d) Phillip Heyl, Former Chief of the Air and Maritime Security Branch in the Strategy, Plans and Programs Directorate, US Africa Command
EXPERT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:
• Assistant Director Doug McLellan, Commander, Border Security Squadron, UK Border Force
• Rear Admiral (Ret’d) Anthony Rix, Former Chief of Staff for the Allied Maritime Command Naples, NATO
• Rear Admiral (Ret’d) Jean-Marie Lhuissier, Maritime Security Consultant/Expert, French Navy
• Commander Massimo Gardini, Head of EW Office, Italian Navy
• Gunnar Holm, Head of Ship Technical Unit, Chief Engineer, Finnish Border Guard
• Patrick Keyzer, Programme Manager Weapon Systems, TNO
• Piet Van Rooij, Manager of Design and ProposaL, Damen Shipyards
• Guy Thomas, President, C-SIGMA
• Ian Keddie, Naval Research Analyst, IISS