Admiral Vladimir Korolev has been a Commander of Russia’s Northern Fleet since 2011. He will be replaced by Nikolai Yevmenov, acting Commander of the Russian Northern Fleet.
RF Navy Commander Admiral Victor Chirkov earlier sent in resignation for health reasons.
Vladimir Korolev was born on February 1, 1955. In 1977 he graduated from the Higher Naval School named after M.V. Frunze and was directed to the Northern Fleet. Aboard nuclear-powered submarines (NPS) of the Northern Fleet he went a long way from the commander of electro-navigational group of ship navigation department to the ship commanding officer.
- In 1987 he graduated from the Higher Special Officer Classes of the Navy, in 1995 — from the Naval Academy named after Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union N.G. Kuznetsov.
- Successively held the positions of the deputy commander of nuclear-powered submarines’ formation, the department chief, and later the chief of the Service of anti-submarine warfare of the Operational Administration of the Northern Fleet’s Staff.
- He commanded division, naval base, nuclear-powered submarines’ squadron of the Northern Fleet.
- From November 2007 — the Deputy Commander of the Northern Fleet.
- From August 2009 — the Chief of Staff / First Deputy Commander of the Northern Fleet.
- From July 2010 — the Commander of the Black Sea Fleet.
- By the RF Presidential Decree of 24 June 2011 he has been appointed the Commander of the Northern Fleet.
- Personal decorations: the Order of Merit for the Fatherland 4th grade, the Order of Military Merit, the Order of Service to the Homeland in the USSR’s Armed Forces 3rd grade, the Medal of the Order of Merit for the Fatherland 2nd grade and a number of other Medals.